Thursday, October 1, 2009

Three Forks Ranch

These are pictures of Rob and I's trip to Three Forks Ranch. Rob was lucky enough to be picked to go on the wonderful trip. We were there with 8 other couples. We had a blast. It was only 3 days and nights, but it was a lot of fun. Rob's brother and family watched the kids for us when we were gone. I have never eaten so much red meat in my life. They had it at both lunch and dinner! I don't like fish so that was my choice. The food was great!



These pictures are backwards. Starting with the last day going forward. I already spend to much time on the computer to switch them around so they are out of order.

My last fish I caught! I had to give it a kiss goodbye! I really didn't kiss it though. This fist was 20 inches long, but it was really meaty!



This fish was 22 1/2 inches long!!! My biggest fish I caught.He was or I should say she was trying to get away and I wasn't done taking pictures yet. I know it was a female fish because she was letting out eggs all over the place.

Such a beautiful place! This was a guy that our guide took out, but I loved the picture of the river so I had to add it.


Letting the fish go.
Another 21 inch fish:) Our guide Eric. He has been fishing all over the world. This was he birthday and he told NO ONE! He told me the last day we were there that it was his birthday.

This is how we got around on the ranch. They little machaines are amazing! We went over big rocks, hills and even deep water and it got us everywhere we wanted to go!

This is out guide. He was great! We had a lot of fun with him. This is the 21 incher fish. I caught 2 the second day.
Working together fishing:)






I was with the fishing guide across the river when we saw him catch a fish.
Here Rob is with that same fish realing it in.
Here he is with the fish he caught!
Me trying to get the fish out of the water!
This was the first fish I touched. I was a little grossed out. After a while it didn't bother me anymore. I caught 8 fish my fist day out. Rob caught 6. He was happy though he wants me to like it so HE can go fishing more often.

After the horse back ride Rob got another guide and they went out for a little over an hour. He caught 4 fish in that time. So he wasn't as mad at me:) These are just the 2 he caught.

We also got to go shooting! I didn't do so good. I got 3 out of 50! Rob did so much better than me. The 3 that I got my eyes were closed so I am not sure how I managed to shoot them!


The last day you would like that I would be a better fly fisherman:) Not really the case. I caught my earing, my cheek (you can see the cut) and my elbow which I had to pull out myself! In my defense it was a hard place there were trees really close all around. I was in up to my thighs in water and it was much harder!
Rob went horse back riding while I fly fished with the guide by myself. He was so mad at me because he wanted to fish and not go horse back riding. I told him he should go. It was a very boring ride! The horse guide didn't talk at all and they went really slow!!!

5 comments:

Marcie said...

great pictures. Marte is jealous of the fish. And what a beautiful lodge. Lucky!

Hoagland Mission said...

Rob looks BORED to tears on the horse in the water. Actually so does the horse!!
Never thought I'd see you that near a fish!! What a beautiful setting. Mom--Oh and since when do you wear dangly earings fishing.jutingla

Darilyn said...

what a fun trip for the two of you to take. You look like a fishing pro. Way to go on catching so many fish.

Jill said...

Looks like you guys had a really fun trip. Glad you got another fun chance to vacation & get a break from your 4 very busy kids. Can't believe how big the twins are, where has the time gone?

Hailey Vial said...

What a gorgeous place! I love that you took a picture of every fish. Woozers, looks like it was fun, minus all the beef!
and again, I keep forgetting you know darilyn, what a small world! we need to do a bloggers retreat somewhere just to have an excuse to get together!