Wednesday, November 4, 2009

National Adoption Month

This month is National Adoption Month!

I was looking at a friend's blog about adoption and she encouraged us to share our feelings, blessings and testimony about adoption.

Sadly some people don't know that our son Zachary is adopted. Even though that wasn't what we had planned to do to start our family, it was such a wonderful experience. The waiting and wondering wasn't fun, but once we were chosen it has been a growing spiritual experience for Rob and I.

When Zack was 3 we got on the adoption list again. After a year of being on the waiting list we were given an opportunity to do IFV. I was content with adopting all of our kids, but the Lord had other plans for our family. After I gave birth to Chase I didn't feel more like a mom than I did after getting Zack. I have a special place in my heart for Zack (there are more than one reason for this also). He was my first child and made me a mom:) Sadly when we adopted we were in a semi-open adoption. We met his birth mom and wrote letters for the 1st 5 years, but haven't heard from her in almost 5 years now. At first I was glad to be done with communicating with her. I wanted to be his only mom, but now that time has past I am okay with sharing more about Zack with her. He has brought so many blessings to our family.

As I look back at how our family grew, I definitely wouldn't have chosen this path. It was a long and hard path, but now that I have my children I know that it was supposed to happen that way. I did grow in many ways and I have wonderful kids. I received many blessings in the past 10 years! I am so grateful for adoption. It is a wonderful blessing in my life!

4 comments:

Hoagland Mission said...

What an incredible blessing he has been in all our lives!! We love him to pieces!! Can't wait to see him again!! Love grandma and grandpa Hoagland

angela said...

Yeah for adoption!!

jukebox6 said...

I will never forget when you and Rob brought Zach home. You were both so happy and couldn't give enough hugs and kisses to him. It was neat to share that first year with you. We have adoption throughout our families and love the blessings it brings for everyone.

Hailey Vial said...

We miss you guys and love that adoption has blessed your lives with Zach. We miss him in Primary!
love you guys! Too bad your pumpkin patch was not the real thing. We just watched them burn the haze maze at Baggenstos Farm last week. That kind of freaked out the kids. One week they are playing on it, they next week it's an inferno.
(p.s. my word verfication is "ferti" just thought that was funny)