Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Chase is becoming a man!

The more scars you have the more of a man you are right???? At least that is what my husbands says.

Last night we were going on a walk in our open space. The 3 younger ones were on their scooter and Zack was in a electric jeep. Chase rode a head. Way ahead and I couldn't see him. A jogger came back with Chase. I knew it wasn't good when someone one was helping him. He was crying pretty hard. I looked at his chin and knew right away he needed stitches. The other 3 kids were mad because we didn't make it to the bridge. (There is a bridge on our open space path that the kids love to go to.) Of course Rob was at work so I took them all back to the house. Luckily a neighbor was home. She stayed with Chase while I ran to a friends house to drop off the other 3 kids. 2 hours and 12 stitches later we returned. Chase was so amazing. He didn't cry and wasn't scared. He felt the last 2 stitches. That made me feel really bad. I was sick to my stomach the rest of the night. It looked so gross. Chase was so brave and laid there I didn't have to hold him down or anything. All he wanted was were stickers. I have pictures from my cell phone they are not the best, but you get the idea.

5 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

OUCH!!!

Christi said...

The first of many more to come!! Hang in there!!!

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Ahh! I think I've been scared by those pictures!

Steve and Maribeth said...

What a brave boy AND mom! OUCH! that did hurt!

FarrEver Family said...

Of course it would happen when Rob wasn't home. I am sure you were so calm about it too. Not so good with blood, but I am sure you were SUPER mom.