Monday, May 19, 2008

Jesse's Hospital bill!!

I got the EOB today from Jesse's hospital stay.
The grand total for 2 days in the hospital was 21,453.30!! Yep that is right! It was less to have the twins with a c- section and 4 days in the hospital. I started out at the closest hospital and they didn't have a peds ICU so they transfered us. The ER visit was 5922.43 the transportation cost was 3843.75 Then the ICU stay for a little over 12 hrs was 8006.12. There are a few misc. bills in there as well. So our grand total of everything was 2357.43. I looked at that first and thought WHAT!! After I saw all the bills I was so happy to only be paying that. This means now that Rob will be able to get a nose job:) He has had trouble breathing out of his nose forever. He went in to have it checked and it is all messed up. It will not be just a normal easy in and out surgery!! At least we will not be paying much for it now!!! Thanks Jess.

4 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

YIKES! I remember when Bryce went to the ER and we were worried about our deductible being $500. Then he was admitted for some test and then we got the bill for that of $60,000.00. I was like why was I complaining about the deductible. Thank heavens for "max out of pocket"!

Hailey Vial said...

Woozers, we just got done paying Ava's RSV bills, not fun.

Marc and Megan said...

Wow! It's crazy how fast those hospital bills add up. Thank goodness for insurance.

FarrEver Family said...

Thank goodness for insurance, and thank you for not blameing the "ovr paid doctors!" I am going to need some of that money some day to get out of debt! Glad Rob can still get his surgery!
Tell Zach we miss him too.