Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Twins turn 3!!

WOW I can't believe that my babies are now 3 years old. I was thinking back to when they were born. That was a hard time having to get up in the middle of the night 3 and 4 times. I know that some of you are still doing it with your twins. (sorry) I was involved with a twin group back in Oregon and I remember going to a meeting and talking with moms who just had their twins or who had older twins. A lot of them were telling me that their moms were staying for a few months. Some hired nannies to stay with them for awhile. I left that meeting more scared then when I walked in. I was so blessed to be able to have help. Rob's mom came and stayed 5 weeks. That wasn't the plan, but Rob wanted to work on her teeth and the lab would take a few weeks to get things back, so she stayed longer. My mom would come up every Tuesday (from the time I got pregnant) and help me as well. We mostly grocery shopped. Having two car seats and one grocery cart you don't get much food in there. Then there was Brenley who started coming 3 days a week for 4hrs so I could just sleep and pump! Oh how I hated to pump! Some days I would stare at the clock and wait for 10am to come! She really helped me stay sane. Taylor has a great set of lungs on her. When I was in my bed some days I could hear them scream, but I knew Brenley could handle it. So thank you thank you all for all the great help that I got!



This was the start of opening up presents. Taylor wants to be a princess so bad! She was so excited to wear her tearia(sp) Jesse got more trucks, cars and most importanly trains! Taylor got a doll and a lot of dress up items. She is loving putting on lip gloss. So is Jesse should I be worried?







The cakes! Jess picked out a Cars cake! He is all about Cars now. He will only wear Cars underwear.
Taylor had to pick her princess cake!
It is so much fun being a mom to twins. They fight a lot now that they are getting older, but it is so fun to see how they care about each other. They are getting so grow up and talking more and telling me everything about what they are thinking! I am so lucky that I get to be a mom to 4 wonderful children!

4 comments:

~Fawn said...

wow, can't believe how time has flown by!!
We love seeing the pictures of the twins and their brothers too-we miss you sooo much!!
give them all great big hugs from us!
Jeff and Fawn and munchkins

Hoagland Mission said...

love the princess, cars and opening presents. But great smiles.
I remember the day they started! And the day we knew about them! It doesn't seem possible.
Are they giving mom more sleep now?

Grandma and grandma love you.

Christy Bishop said...

They are so adorable! I can't beleive they are three. Don't you love the obsessions with things like Princesses, Cars and other little kid stuff? I love it! Did you do Taylor's hair? it is too stinking cute! Great pics! Wish we were there.
Love ya!

Veekfam said...

Ok, so now that I'm having twins in 2 weeks or so, I'm scared about the nights. That bad?? I'm glad you love being a mom to those great kids, you do a great job!!