Thursday, October 2, 2008

100th Post

WOW this is my 100th post pretty cool. At the beginning I thought I would reach this by June, but I have slowed way down!

My other Tag this one is harder for me I am supposed to write 7 interesting things about me. I am not that exciting I guess.



1. I have 4 kids, but I have only been pregnant 2 times (thank heavens)

did you figure it out? I know that most of you know the answer, but some may not. My first Zack was adopted and then I ended with twins.

2. The twins and Chase were conceived at the same time, but the twins were Frozen for 2 years before I got pregnant with them. I have such wonderful stories to tell my kids when they get older:)


3. I was proposed to by 3 different men. I dated the first 2 for awhile, but knew they were not for me. Rob came a long and proposed after only 2 weeks of dating. I guess once I got to know them I didn't want to marry them. I didn't know Rob long enough at the time to say no. After 14 1/2yrs of marriage I am still glad that I said YES!

4. I graduated with a Bachelors degree in Social Work. My senior year I did an internship in Brigham City Utah. It is a little town outside of the University that I went to. The first time I drove out the the canyon and into the town I thought to myself "I wonder what people are like that live in this town?" I met Rob a few weeks later and he grew up in this town!

5. I flew on an airplane from Portland to Utah with my brother and sister when I was around 3. I was afraid and didn't want to get on the plane. I remember telling my grandma and grandpa that I just wanted to live with them:) Once I was forced on the plane and we were in the air the flight attendant asked if I was okay. I lied and said that I wasn't feeling well and that my ears hurt (Before I got on the plane I heard that your ears can hurt when you fly) They made some contraption for me to put on my ears to make them feel better. I kept telling them that I was still in pain. I made the lady stay by me the whole flight. I am sure she was so mad at me by the time the plane landed. I was a good actor at the age of 3:)

6. If I have to get in an elevator I make sure I have my cell phone. As I get older I get more and more scared that I will get stuck in one. If the elevator looks too old I just walk up the stairs. I know that is weird. My mom is afraid to go over bridges. Granted she is in her 60's and this is a recent thing, but being afraid of weird things must just runs in the family.

7. When we move to a new house or go to a hotel I always have to sleep on the side of the bed that is closet to the bathroom:) So I really don't care what side of the bed I sleep on as long as I am close to the facilities. I have to get up and go most nights. The kids did this to me.

Well there to have it not to exciting, but some random things about me.

5 comments:

Hoagland Mission said...

100th huh1 so where is it?!

Love mom

We figure you are never home MON-Thurs am. You need the grandma back!

Marc and Megan said...

congrats on the 100th post! It was fun to learn new things about you! The elevator thing made me laugh! You're much more interesting and exciting than you give yourself credit for! :)

Hoagland Mission said...

Hey your mom thought she was stuck on the elevator in Barbados and then realized you had to tell the door to open! However, that that was traumatic. Elevators still bother me.

The Garver Family said...

Thanks for doing that Jen. I learned some new things about you..that's what it was for, right?

~Fawn said...

Ok, so now I know more about you-that's good since I really don't know much at all.
One of the many things about marrying someone that's already been married-he assumes I already know all the cute stories about his family!
Hey, keep it coming-maybe I'll post some funnies that you don't know about me!
hugs
Fawn