Thursday, July 3, 2008

Molluscum Contagiosum

I sure hope none of you know what that word is!! I know Larissa you do unfortunately. My poor Taylor got this stupid dots on her skin about 6 months ago. I took her to the doctor and he said it was Molluscum Contagiosum and just to wait they will go away, but be careful because they are contagious:) Now she has about 100 or so. I took her to the dermatologist this time in hopes that there was something better than just wait and they will go away. They tried to put some meds on her skin that would take them away. They got a couple on, but Toylor was fighting them way to much to continue. They told me to come back with Rob so he could help. Those few that she did get the medicine on they turned to a scab the next day and they healed up. They did give me a oral med to give her. The taste was horrible and I had to hold her down. We got it in a pill form and it was better, but I had to threaten her with a time out twice a day to take it. I also had started her on this "Natural" ointment to see if that would help. It did a little, but she was getting new ones faster then the old ones were going. Then Chase came running to me with excitement saying "Mom I have a bump just like Taylor" He was so happy. I was not! So I made an apt with the doc again to have it removed with that same medicine. I took Taylor to see if he could do it or if I should go to the dermatologist again. He said he could do it. This medicine looked different than what the dermatologist put on Taylor, but it did the same thing. Poor Taylor woke up from her nap later that day crying so hard. She was in so much pain. They all turned to blisters. I think this was stronger than the other medicine she got she didn't complain once when she had her other sores. I couldn't pick her up because she has the meds on her arm pit. Both butt cheeks, her one side, and the other side of her knees. I was so sad that they had spread so much. I thought some of them were just zits, but they were not. She has been miserable ever since. She has slept in our bed for 2 nights meaning we have not. SO if you see your kids with any weird bumps get it taken off quickly before they spread. Here are some pictures of my little girl.
I know this is blurry, but I am not so good with the camera and Rob was gone.

4 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, poor Taylor, I just want to cry for her, that looks so painful! I hope you are able to get rid of them soon and without all the other kids having to go through it as well. Good luck, I'm praying for you and her.

Hoagland Mission said...

I can't believe that my sweetie pie is going through this. Too bad grandma can't help with the medicine. It almost looks like misserable chicken pox. I hope the doctor can fix it. We're praing for her too. We pray for you all every day. Miss you!

The Garver Family said...

Oh my dear goodness. How dreadful! If she has to be dry when you put the ointment on, maybe put her in the bathtub with a popcicle or something to distract her. Can you add stuff to the tub and give her baths a lot? I'm so sorry. Good luck to you guys.

~Fawn said...

Uncle Jeff and Auntie Fawn and all the cousins hope the munchkin feels better and we'll be praying she's healed quickly!!
yuck-and I thought my kids having 5th disease/scabies and lice was bad!
arrgggg-if only we could put the kids in bubbles! lol
hugs!