Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Our Garden

I am loving this Colorado weather. Not the 15 days in a row of above 90, but my garden is growing so much faster then in Oregon. I have already shredded 35 cups of zucchini. I have cherry tomatoes as well. In Oregon I didn't have anything until the end of August or the beginning of September. Tomatoes would always be the last to ripen. My big tomatoes are not red, but are getting bigger. The kids love it. The first day that I picked a Zucchini Jesse begged for some. I just cut it in slices and he ate it raw. He even asked for 2nds and 3rds. I ate a bit and about puked it was so gross! That is by boy though. Chase just loves to shred the Zucchini. We use our kitchen aide that has an attachment on it. When I pick just one he goes and gets all the stuff out. I do make him wait for more. It makes to much of a mess for just one. Anyways I am just loving how my garden grows here.

0 comments: