Monday, July 14, 2008

Taylor GRACE

Taylor's middle name is Grace. I loved the middle name for a few reasons. I was hoping that with a name like Grace she would become graceful! I had a nickname in high school that was "miss grace". I played softball and was always tripping or falling. Even though I played on the varsity team and did well I always made someone laugh with something stupid I would do. I am afraid that Taylor is following in my footsteps. She has more bruises than my boys. Rob saw her walk right into the wall. She didn't move her foot to the left to go through the door way. She is always crying about hitting her head on something. Well last night she did a number on herself. She was helping me make dinner:) I didn't see what happened next but she was flying off the chair and instantly began crying. There was a lot of blood so me being a wimp, I yell for Rob to come get her. I thought that she just hit her lip. Well she did that alright and a little more. The poor girl bit her lip so much that it went through to the other side:( She has a hole in her lip. Rob very gingerly told me she bit through her lip. It didn't register to me until I saw the HOLE right below her lip. Then I looked inside her bottom lip and you can see where 4 of the top teeth had bit in. I of course started to cry, that just seems so painful. She was crying, but not very much. Rob stayed calm while I freaked out so Rob told me to walk away. I thought we should take her to the ER because she would need stitches. Rob said that the cut in front was so small that it was fine. He was nice and said that we would take her over to another dentist in our ward to look at it. That made me feel better. Taylor was happy to go for a ride in the truck, but she was still crying and telling me her lip was hurting. They were gone for about 30 minutes and came back. She was like a new girl. She wasn't crying said her lip was feeling better. I asked Rob what did you do to her. He just said we gave her a blessing:) Yeah for the power of the priesthood. The other dentist said that she was fine and didn't need to go in. Rob knows best! I am just a little over protective. She had a good night sleep she woke up once and I gave her more Tylenol. She slept great after that. This morning it was hard to eat, but she did it. I think I need to wrap her in bubble wrap until she is a little older!

Her bumps are getting better as well. They are almost healed up!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Poor girl, she just seems to have all the bad luck lately. Glad it wasn't worse and that a blessing fixed it all up.

~Fawn said...

Isn't she a trooper!
Sounds like my Elliot, always hurting himself on stuff too-we have so much stock in bandaids and Tylenol and antibiotic cream just to keep Elliot from being a big scar!
We will pray little Taylor doesn't end up with a big scar or anything, and we also love the power of the priesthood. Jeff's already given Quien 2 blessings-per Quien's request-for his bad infection he has right now in his mouth.
Thank you btw Jenni for your comment regarding my latest blog-it helps me to know that Jeff's family at least likes me-it helps a lot really!
love ya all
hugs to all the Allen family
Jeff and Fawn

Hoagland Mission said...

OUCH--Poor Taylor. I was surprised she didn't hold her breath. I had visions of her going limp on you. Taylor cooking is fun but be careful. Grandma and grandpa miss you!

Julie Keddington said...

You funny girl! I can't believe you made Rob take her to another dentist. I guess I do the same type of thing to James sometimes, too. It is probably because we knew them before they knew what they were talking about, eh? At any rate, I'm glad she is okay!