Sunday, January 4, 2009

Not ready to be a Sunbeam!

Oh if you could have been at our church today you would think that all we do is have kids:) There were 11 new sunbeams today:) The twins are moving out of the nursery into a sunbeam class today. I have been telling them all week about it. They even went to a primary activity on Sat to meet their new teacher. At the end of Sacrament meeting I started to tell them that we were going to a different class. They both seemed fine with it. After the closing prayer when I started to walk them to their new teacher Taylor started to pout. I don't want to go she kept saying. I ignored her she hasn't cared that I left her for YEARS (she sometimes gets mad when I come home from a date to early). They have 2 classes so it is 5 and 6. These are the active kids they may have more other days. My kids poor teacher had to screamers one was Taylor and and the other was another little girl. There was only 2 girls out of the 11. No boys cried. I sat with Taylor for a minute, but I had to leave to teach my Sunday school class. The teacher was holding the other screaming girl so I had to find someone to hold Taylor. Rob was subbing for another class so he couldn't help. I left and was almost to class when Jesse was behind me. I picked him up and he told me that he didn't want to go to class. No crying just telling me how it was. No one had noticed that he had left. There was so much chaos he quietly slipped out. I took him back and he stayed with no crying. Later Rob told me that it took Taylor awhile to stop crying, but she just sat there with her lip pouting the whole time! When we got home Taylor told me that she missed her mommy and that is why she was crying:) We will see if next week goes better. Those poor teachers!

4 comments:

jukebox6 said...

It is days like that you wonder if it was worth even going to church. Funny story. This year we are making a Church Chart. If we can make it to church for all three hours each week, for a month, without any fighting or disruption, we will get a family pizza party. The funny thing is, my husband is my "wandering child". And I can't say that I am all that innocent either. You gotta love new years resolutions.

The Garver Family said...

Good luck Jen. I dread Sam going into Sunbeams...I'm grateful I have another year before that happens...I imagine we'll have several episodes similar to Taylor's...oh well.

angela said...

Ugh! So fun huh? I thought Olivia might not make it when she went crying in a corner when I first attempted to leave her in her first ever sharing time on Sunday. She ended up doing pretty good. Here's to hoping next Sunday is better for all of us! :-)

Hoagland Mission said...

tell Taylor being a sunbeam is fun because she gets to be in the primary program. Has she learned her song? love grandma