Monday, March 24, 2008

Sleep... Or the lack there of

I am not sure what is wrong with my kids lately. I have been up so many times the last few nights. A couple of nights ago Zack woke up at around 2:30 Rob put him back to bed. A few minutes later he was up again. I bribed him with peeps. I told him if he would go back to sleep I would buy him new ones. (I am not sure what the new bride is going to be as I went to Target today and I couldn't find any) Then about 10 minutes later Taylor woke up. I just had to cover her up. Then after a few more minutes Jesse is crying. Same thing just cover him up. It took me until after 4:30 to fall back asleep after getting up so much!!!! Jesse is my best sleeper he rarely wakes up. Chase is next he will only wake up to go to the bathroom, but of course he wants my help. Taylor will wake up almost every night just for us to cover her up. We have been tracking for 2 weeks now with her and there have only been 2 nights that she hasn't woken up. It is fast, but I still have to get up. Zack is by far the worst sleeper. He might not get up every night like Taylor, but he doesn't go back to sleep that well. There are many nights that he will be up from 4:30 on. Not so much fun. People laugh when they hear my email address 4kidsnosleep. The sad thing is that it is true. Is this just my kids or do others have this same problem. I was so naive thinking that when babies sleep through the night they sleep that like forever. I guess I was very wrong!!!

I sure hope that my mom, dad and mother in law don't read this post!!! They are watching my kids for us while Rob and I are in Hawaii next month! I guess that is why it will take 3 adults to watch my 4 kids :)

3 comments:

~Fawn said...

ROFLAO!! yeah...um, I feel ya sister! Let's see....um, Ty and PJ were up past 10 last night playing their video games..had to make them stop that after Quien woke up from his night terrors-which have been less since we moved him and Elliot into the bedroom, but still he wakes up and has to give loves to us all and make sure we're all ok and go potty too before he'll go back to sleep. k-10:30pm. Then Katie's up coughing really bad so I tell her to go get a drink and some Delsum. Turn off lights and tell J to goto bed since he has MEPS tomorrow and needs his sleep.Get to bed and talk with Jeff about the day till 11:30pm or so-with the cat sleeping on between us on my butt. Jeff's alarm goes off at 2am, and then I get back to sleep about 1/2 hour later, around 3:30am Elliot climbs into bed. Jeff home around 5am, takes Elliot back to bed then eats in the kitchen, I fall back to sleep just as he gets back into bed at 6ish. Then of course my alarm goes off at 7 just as I start to dream.
yeah, I feel ya sister. LOL
love ya
Fawn

Jill said...

I can't believe your kids are up that much, I feel for you! I bet you will enjoy that Hawaii break. It is more understanding when they are sick to be up so I can image how frustrating this must be. You are such a trooper!!

LP said...

Jenni, I enjoyed reading your post only because I am right there with you! Dylan has always been such a great sleeper and these days he is waking almost every night. UGGGG!!I have decided that he now knows he is wet. I think he also feels the urge to go to the bathroom. At least that is my best guess. But, it is rough! I have a feeling it won't fully end until he moves out of the house; what's that like 16 years+)! I hear that even when you have teens, you are often sleep deprived. But, then it is because you are up late wondering what they are up to!