Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Eve

Now that we are away from most of my family we were on our own this year. We were excited to have Rob's brother and his family move to Denver in March so we are able to have family for the holidays. Too bad Jeff's kids got sick and were not able to come over last night:(

We were lucky enough to find some great friends only a month ago. They are the parents of Zack's best friend from school. Yes you read that right. He has a friend at school. They are in the same grade and in the special ed program together. They just love each other and every time they are together they tell each other that!!! I of course couldn't be happier. I thought he would never have a true friend. So when we found out that they liked to hang out together at school we invited Shawn's family to come over. We just hit if off. They love to play games just like we do. Even better they don't drink or smoke and have similar values as we do. What a plus. The first night we taught them how to play Rook. You are in with the Allen family if you know how to play the card game rook. I learned it my first time in Rob's home from his grandpa Maughan. If you can play you are in!!! They just picked it up and did great.

So back to my original thought we had Shawn's family over and we had a great night. I am paying for it today as the twins got up at 7:15. Yep we even put them to bed late! Chase stayed up until the new year and had a great night. Of course today he is tired. Here is what they have been doing all morning.


5 comments:

Marc and Megan said...

Such a cute picture - I love it! Happy New Year!

Jean said...

Horah! Welcome to the blogging world!
I think you know mine...but just in case:
www.only8morediaperstogo.blogspot.com
How fun to find such great friends, I am really happy for you. Maybe this is why you ended up in the house that you did :)

the splendid life of us... said...

YAY! I am so excited you started a blog! YAY! I can't believe how big the twins are, they look so grown up!

Jill said...

Great New Years resolution! I can't wait to see the fun pictures and information you will share. Your kids sure are growing up fast. It was great talking to you the other day. Happy 2008!!

Steve and Maribeth said...

Hooray on the Blog! What a fun way to keep everyone updated on your family's growth and activities! I might follow your lead on developing one of my own. Such a cute photo of your darling children! Happy to learn about Zach's new friend and that his parents and you & Rob have become friends as well. I'll look forward to your blog entries. Happy 2008! Love, Maribeth