Friday, January 4, 2008

Slacker mom

I was emailing a friend today about her fertility problems. I was telling her about Rob and I's experience and how it was a trial and a blessing all at the same time. I never would have admitted to this when we didn't have any kids and was wondering if I would ever be able to be a mom! Looking back now I see how I grew more spiritually and had to have a lot of faith. I of course will never forget the wonderful experience of taking Zack to the temple to be sealed to Rob and I. Words cannot describe the wonderful feeling we had when we were in the sealing room. Although Zack was so sick (he was in the ER the day before) and he screamed the whole time! I can honestly say that I didn't feel more like a mom after giving birth to my other three kids. Anyway I like to ramble. After emailing my friend I went out to the kitchen where my 3 kids were eating lunch. This is what I saw.. Green and yellow food coloring all over the twins.


Now I took these pictures after they were cleaned up!!!
To further add to me being a slacker you will notice that Jesse is really wearing Taylors PJs. I need to do laundry. Also I left then eating lunch NOT breakfast. So yes it wa
s noon and they were still in their PJs. Boy and I glad about that.!!!












I'm not sure what they were going to make with toothpicks and yellow food coloring!!

The sad thing that this was there 3rd mess already today. Earlier someone (Jesse I'm sure) dumped there cheerios and added water to the floor and then also dumped their soup out all over the table. I sure hope the rest of the day is a liitle more mess free!










3 comments:

the splendid life of us... said...

You are SO NOT a slacker mom! I have actually always admired you and how your life can be totally chaotic and you can still have a smile on your face and not complain about it! You are an amazing mother, I have seen it first hand!!!

Marc and Megan said...

I have to agree with Brenley! I love your laid back attitude and ability to go with the flow of the craziness! Such creative kids you have - food coloring and toothpicks! That's great!

Jacob&Leisa said...

I so hope I have kids that do crazy stuff one day! Thanks for all you do for me!